Our employment skills project gives young people the opportunity to develop workplace skills and develop their confidence in the practical setting of our drop-in cafe.
The programme is funded by St James’s Place Foundation and involves young people undertaking a tailored programme for up to 12 weeks, covering the following:
- Completing a food hygiene certificate
- Buying food
- Food preparation and storage
- Using social media to advertise the cafe
- Cooking and preparing meals
- Customer service and customer feedback
- CV writing
Everyone taking part in the programme receives a certificate setting out the skills they have learned as well as a food hygiene certificate.
Although the programme is based around our drop-in cafe, participants learn general skills which helps develop confidence and provides practical experience to include on their CV and in job applications.”