For our general piracy policy please see this link:
1. Your Privacy
Doncaster Housing for Young people takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to being transparent about how we collect, use and store personal information about you (your data).
Under new regulations, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we are required to provide you with the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
We try to avoid using jargon and legal terms. If you have any questions, please speak to us.
You can also find out much more about data protection on the website of the Information Commissioner which is www.ico.uk
2. Why need to collect information about you
If you apply to us, or are referred to us, for support, we need to collect information about you in order to be able to offer that support. For example, we need to know your name and how to contact you and how old you are and we need to understand what support you need.
We also need to know that we are reaching people from all parts of the community so we collect information about such things as people’s ethnic background and gender.
We will only collect the information that we need in order to be able to offer support to you and to comply with requirements that our funders place on us.
3. Looking after your personal information
We will ensure that any personal information you give us is looked after and is not disclosed to anyone else without your consent, unless we are legally required to provide information to other organisations.
We will only collect the information for the reasons we have told you which is to be able to provide the support you require. We will only keep information for as long as is necessary and we will securely destroy information that is no longer needed. This applies to both paper records and computer records.
With your consent, we may sometimes need to pass your information to other organisations, such as ones that may be able to help with housing or benefit claims.
DHYP never shares any personal client information with commercial companies for marketing purposes.
4. Your rights
You have a range of rights as follows:
- To be informed about the information we collect and why we collect it and who to contact if you have any questions.
- To see the information we hold about you (there may be some restrictions where other people have supplied information to us).
- To correct any errors in the information we hold about you.
- To have information about you erased, such as, if it is no longer needed. There may be some reasons why we need to keep data about you in which case we will explain these to you.
- To restrict the use (processing) of your data – for example, you may not want us to delete information about you, but you do not want us to share the information.
- To be given information we hold about you so that can use it again, for example, give it to another organisation who may be supporting you.
- To ask us to not to use (process) information about you.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us in writing, or verbally, and we will respond to you within a calendar month.
5. Our contact details are as follows:
Doncaster Housing for Young People
c/o Doncaster Foyer Chequer Road
The person responsible for data protection is Stuart Shore (Chief Executive Officer).
6. Issues and Complaints
If you are unhappy about the way of we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve it.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in their capacity as the body which oversees data protection law. Their website is www.ico.org.uk/concerns